I’m so inspired and challenged every day by Ann, so it shouldn’t be surprising that in 2012, she’s bringing yet another challenge for her readers. She’s calling it The Joy Dare.
Ann is asking that we start over, all the back at one, in our counting. The goal is to count 1,000 gifts in 2012. That means living with eyes wide open, looking for the gifts every single day of this year.
In the last week, these are the gifts I found:
1. Morning coffee, brewing ever so quietly.
2. The sound of the school bus outside my window.
3. A big orange morning moon hanging in the western sky.
4. Rain in January, instead of snow.
5. A phone call from my son.
6. My memory foam mattress and soft comfy cotton sheets.
7. A warm car to get me to and from work.
8. A job that challenges me and pays the bills.
9. Hot water in the shower every morning.
10. Affirming words from someone I respect.
11. Playing Words With Friends every day with people who challenge me.
12. Warm snuggles with a big red dog.
13. Peach colored roses for my 21st wedding anniversary.
14. My iPad.
15. Facebook messages from my 10 year old niece Rebekah.
16. A new, very much needed vacuum cleaner.
17. Stuffed french toast from IHOP.
18. High school basketball games.
19. Sunday dinner and football on television with my family.
20. A nice hot bath.
I’ll bet you were blessed with a few gifts this week, too, weren’t you? Won’t you share a few in comments? Or leave the link to your own gift-counting post below.
Have a great week, Friend!